Randy Granger

Randy Granger
In the Chihuahuan Desert near the Organ Mountains, New Mexico

Friday, June 1, 2012

Kickstarter


Hello friends,
Today I launched my Kickstarter campaign for my new album "Strong Medicine." In case you haven't heard of  Kickstarter, it was created in 2008, is what is now called “crowd funding” where the general public, or backers, contribute money towards at different levels in exchange for rewards. Rewards could be a copy of the finished CD, their name in the liner notes or a house concert  and is quickly becoming a very popular way of raising money for projects as varied as recording or releasing a CD to films, inventions and books. 

Artists, inventors, musicians etc. develop a campaign and a funding goal with a precise deadline to raise the money for their project. Kickstarter is an "all or nothing" model which means if your backers don't contribute 100% of your funding goal then you receive nothing. It can exceed the goal amount and all the funds go to the project. Different levels of "rewards" are an incentive to backers and are fulfilled once the project is completed, in this case once the CD is manufactured and released. The contributions are processed through Amazon.com and aren't processed until after the goal is met. If the goal isn't met then nothing happens and your contribution isn't processed. Very simple.

I'm personally inviting you to check out my Kickstarter campaign at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/randygranger/pre-order-strong-medicine-the-cathartically-joyous  and take a look. Decide if you want to support my CD project and then contribute at the level you want. That is all you need do. This CD won't be released without your help so please contribute what you feel you want to and can and share share share it with your circle of friends and family. If you know anything about the inspiration behind this CD you know it is coming from my heart and a place of healing, humility and gratitude. I hope people who hear the music on this CD will find comfort in knowing that grief and loss can be transformed, through music, into joy and release. I am so excited about this new music and have recorded 3/4ths of the album. 

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly or post your question on my Kickstarter page. The whole concept about Kickstarter is transparency. Something I believe in as well especially as I'm mining my experiences and transmuting personal emotions into universal songs that anyone who has experienced unconditional love, loss, fear and surrender will relate to. 

Thank you very much for your support and for contributing to get this music out into the world where it belongs. Click here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/randygranger/pre-order-strong-medicine-the-cathartically-joyous to contribute and support my project.

No comments: