Randy Granger

Randy Granger
In the Chihuahuan Desert near the Organ Mountains, New Mexico

Friday, June 19, 2009

June thoughts and gigs...and a video too!


Top Music blogs
It is already June with temps rising to the 100 mark here in the Mesilla Valley. The Rio Grande is really full now and crops are green. I do hope everyone is remembering their father or being remembered by your own children this Father’s Day. I’ll be doing a return performance at the Hillsboro Community Center in historic Hillsboro, New Mexico this Thursday, June 25th at 7:00PM, 316 Elenora St. I’m really looking forward to returning there and am excited that it will be a night time show this time. Please come out and let people know if you are in the area. Doing these shows allows me to perform a variety of my music on Native American flute, Hang drum and my singer-songwriter material on guitar and vocals. I certainly feel privileged to be able to share what I do with an audience. Saturday, June 27th I’ll do a 30-minute set at 11:00AM at the Women’s Club building across from Pioneer Park in downtown Las Cruces. It is part of an all day festival.

I have some offers to do some more shows in July including several workshops for the Peace Village workshops with children teaching them about the legends and history of the Native flute and drums. I’m torn with what a good thing that is to do and the need to record. I’m a backlogged as far as music to put to tape so to speak. I have at least two albums worth if music I need and want to get out there. Recording is something I like to dedicate a concentrated block of time and energy to doing. I really do need a clone or two but think we all feel that way at times. If you see any of my clones tell them to call me.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and making lasting memories. I’m trying to read a stack of books mostly about the southwest and desert one of my favorites is Reaching Keet Seal by Reg Saner about the Hopi and The Desert by John Van Dyke. Reviews continue to come in for my CD “A Place Called Peace” and fortunately they are good reviews. Whew! If you don’t have your copy it is available online everywhere. Thank you for reading these blogs. I find more and more people who reference it at my shows and in emails. Here is a video from a house concert I did earlier this month. Winds were gusting about 35-40MPH and playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Native flute was a bit of a challenge but I gave it my best. Enjoy!
Randy (the photo is a rainbow near the Organ Mountains, southern New Mexico)

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW ON NATIVE AMERICAN FLUTE

No comments: