Randy Granger

Randy Granger
In the Chihuahuan Desert near the Organ Mountains, New Mexico

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Best Native American Album by NAR


Top Music blogs

Hi Friends. I'm back from the 1st Annual Casa Grande Ruins American Indian Music Festival and it was an overwhelmingly positive experience. I'll blog about it soon. In the meantime I am honored to let everyone know that my CD "A Place Called Peace" has been nominated for Best Native American Album by broadcasters worldwide as reporterd by New Age Reporter (NAR) the agency who reports and charts this genre of music. Each category has been whittled down to five nominated albums. I'm honored to be in the company of artists I have admired for years.

I'll keep everyone posted when the finalists are announced. These awards are voted on and suggested by Radio Broadcasters and hosts from around the world who play our music and as one programmer recently reminded me they get no less than 300 CD's a month. Yikes. That my music can be heard or stand out amidst that is humbling and I am grateful. Check out all the nominees at: http://www.newagereporter.com/admin/nominees.asp

Thank you all for your continued support! If there is a station or sattelite program who plays my music that you've heard, please thank them. Independent artists like myself rely on you and them to be heard.

Randy

No comments: