Randy Granger

Randy Granger
In the Chihuahuan Desert near the Organ Mountains, New Mexico

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hillsboro, NM show wrap.

Last Sunday I was delighted to perform at the Hillsboro Community Center in Hillsboro, New Mexico. I was invited to play and invited a few friends to sit in with me. I had a really great time and hope the audience did too. It is a real cool experience to bring your music to people who have never heard you play or don’t know much about your music. Bringing those listeners into your stories and music is a challenge and one that I really look forward to. They were very nice and attentive and I appreciated every minute they listened.

Poet Wayne Crawford sat in with me. We had been working on some recordings of mine and of his poetry set to music including the Hang drum. He did great and I was really pleased with how the audience seemed to enjoy it. Michael Kunz, a Native American flutist from Silver City, NM sat in with me and we did a duet on flutes. It was a fun improvisation and I always am amazed at his beautiful playing style. Brandie Thornburg, a singer from Silver City sang some awesome harmony with me while Veronique De Jaegher played her incredible Digeridoo. We all ended with a cool version of “Za Zee Za Zu Zing” that had the audience singing along.

The night before some friends and I stayed in Silver City at the Palace and partook in the festive night life of that transformed mining town eating at Isaacs, then dancing at the Twisted Vine. Really a whole lot of fun, wine, good food and friends. Who could ask for more? It was so incredible to meet some of the people I’ve gotten to know through MySpace. They came up and said hi and I knew who they were right away. Wow! I love when that whole thing works like it should. Here is a photobucket slide show I put together of some pics sent to me by the promoter Bob. Thanks Bob!

See you out on the road. I’m off to the Oklahoma Flute Festival this weekend, then to Mesa, Arizona.

Randy

No comments: